Thursday, August 7, 2008

Playground fun and a splinter


I took the girls to a local playground today for lunch and to burn off some of that dynamite energy.  They have gotten so much more active in climbing the play structures and fearless in going down a "big kid" slide.  Check out Hannah taking that huge step on the spiral ladder as her sisters watch and follow her lead.  I still watch them with an eagle eye, but they just seem more and more comfortable each time we go to a playground.  Our tiny Little Tikes slide at home has been outgrown...already!
All three are pretty fearless, but Alexandra is our most fearless little girl in terms of pain tolerance.  Ever since she was a couple weeks old, she has not been afraid of shots and needles.  I mention this because she got a little splinter on her left index finger today, probably from playing with the tanbark.  She didn't cry or complain about it but pointed it out to me when we got home.  When I finally figured out what she was trying to tell me and saw a tiny, flush splinter in her finger, I tried to squeeze it out.  That didn't work.  So, after dinner when John came home from work, he used a needle and tweezers to pull it out.  Their hands are so tiny, we had to use a magnifying glass to help see it.  All three were fascinated with daddy's magnifying glass.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I just wanted to say again how happy I am that you've started to blog... it is such a nice way to get to know a little bit better those in our yahoo group. Love all the pictures of your little fearless ones!!

Denise said...

They look like they were having fun. I am glad you guys were able to get the splinter out. It is kind of ironic because my Markas had splinter in his foot today. I love the blog!!

Dorinda said...

So cute :) And so brave! My daughter is 8 and she is terrified of anything like that. She had a splinter once that she screamed about for hours and we had to have the doctor remove it. Awful!